Twenty Companies Ranging From Seed Stage to Mezzanine Will Showcase Next Generation Technologies from Various Industries at the 27th Annual VCIR Winter 2010 Conference
Denver, CO, February 23, 2010 – The Rocky Mountain Venture Capital Association today unveiled its final lineup of growth companies at the 27th annual Venture Capital in the Rockies (VCIR) 2010 Winter conference. This year’s conference will highlight twenty promising early-growth companies; all based in the Rocky Mountain region and a majority of which are focused on clean technology, a burgeoning industry in the area.
The VCIR Winter 2010 conference will be held at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, Colorado, February 23-25, showcasing early-growth companies from Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming.
Along with company presentations and ample networking opportunities, Dan Caruso, CEO of Zayo Group, will give this winter’s keynote address. As an active member of the telecommunications and Internet community, Caruso will address the attendees about the virtues of starting a company in the Rocky Mountains.
The conference will also feature a Technology Showcase, an inaugural demonstration of five very early stage technology companies that is designed to the next generation of innovation from the region and further VCIR’s legacy of entrepreneurial mentorship.
“The Venture Capital in the Rockies 2010 Winter conference is a premier event for both promising companies and attendees,” said Seth Levine, chairman of VCIR and a managing partner at the Foundry Group, a Boulder, CO-based venture capital firm. “Over the last 10 years we have seen impressive numbers that show the conference being an initiator in the future success of presenting companies.
“That is why the conference has become an annual opportunity to identify great companies from around the Rocky Mountain region,” he continued.
Companies from Colorado represent the majority of presenters and constitute all of the clean technology and new energy companies participating in the conference.
· zettasun manufactures efficient commercial rooftop solar panels using proprietary optical technology to dramatically reduce the cost of solar electricity to be at or below grid costs.
VCIR Launches 20 Promising Companies/Page 2
· Cool Energy is an energy technology company that has developed a 100% clean conversion engine that transforms heat to electrical power for solar-based combined heat and power home applications and for waste heat recovery.
· RavenBrick delivers innovative solar-controlled windows, which reduce energy costs by up to 50 percent.
· BioVantage offers an algae-based, “green” alternative to classical wastewater lagoon aeration significantly reducing costs while helping municipalities to comply with new stringent mandates.
· Eco-Products is the nation’s leading brand of single use food service products made from renewable and recycled resources.
· Ice Energy delivers distributed energy storage and smart grid solutions to leverage higher efficiencies associated with generating and transmitting less expensive off-peak power.
· Pure Energy Solutions
· VanDyne SuperTurbo offers a product that increases horsepower and therefore improves thermal efficiency in vehicles, potentially improving fuel efficiency 36% in gasoline cars and trucks, with no loss of performance.
· Green Garage
Additional Colorado Representatives
· TruEffect merges the interactivity and reach of the Web, with the precision and effectiveness of direct marketing to deliver increased media performance and unparalleled new insights to global advertisers.
· UniversityParent.com provides college parents with critical campus information and connects parents with local services near campus, such as restaurants, hotels, and storage facilities.
· TopSchool, Inc. is a leading SaaS provider of Student Lifecycle Management (SLM) solutions for higher education, empowers student-centric institutions to drive growth, reduce costs and meet accountability requirements.
· Clementine Arts markets the first full line of natural art supplies for children. All of the products are made in the USA and are naturally non-toxic, while functioning on par or better than traditional art supplies.
Consumer, Information Technology, Medical, and Imaging Technologies also Represented
· iMemories provides a single Web destination for consumers to digitize, preserve and store their full length home videos and photos online, regardless of the original media format, and share them across multiple consumer platforms, ranging from televisions and mobile phones to popular social networks and blogs.
· Mangia allows sports fans to order food and merchandise (and eventually tickets) using a mobile phone and have it delivered right to a stadium or arena seat.
· DICOM grid is a healthcare information technology that helps hospitals, imaging facilities and physicians manage and distribute radiology health records to meet the needs of the rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
VCIR Launches 20 Promising Companies/Page 3
· Infopia is a leader in SaaS (Software as a Service) eCommerce platform solutions—giving retailers the tools they need to sell effectively online and helping merchants grow their business faster and more effectively than any other technology provider.
· CradlePoint engineers and manufactures wireless 3G/4G broadband routers and software platforms that facilitate secure Internet access via 3G/4G wireless (cellular) broadband networks.
· Firerock Technology develops, licenses, and sells proprietary hardware and software that improve the performance, security, and reliability of Information Technology systems.
The three-day conference is about both new companies and new ideas, as well as giving attendees a chance to network with over 300 investors, CEOs, entrepreneurs, and service professionals.
Venture Capital in the Rockies (VCIR) is the region’s oldest and best attended venture capital conference and will hold its 27th annual VCIR Winter edition in Beaver Creek, Colorado in 2010. Along with the annual VCIR Fall conference, the two VCIR conferences encompass the premier venture investing conferences in the Rocky Mountain region and among the most respected venture conferences in the country. Creating a dynamic marketplace for ideas and investment, both editions of VCIR invite over companies seeking investment to present to panels of venture investors, as well as an audience of other entrepreneurs, CEOs and professionals servicing the venture community. More information can be found at